Excursion to Kakheti region from Tbilisi
Excursion to Kakheti – a day trip to one of the most beautiful parts of Georgia. This is a perfect combination of history and traditions of our people, including wine culture. You will have an exciting trip filled with Georgian hospitality.
- Route of the tour: Tbilisi – Gombor Pass – Telavi – Tsinandali – Tbilisi
- Duration of the tour: 1 day
- Dates of the tour: Thursday
- Tour cost: $45
Tour program “Excursion to Kakheti region from Tbilisi”
- Start: 9:00
- Duration: 10 — 11 hours.
- Meeting place: Europe Square (surrounding the area of Aerial Tramway)
- Length: 360 km.
- Transport: Auto (up to 3-4 people), Minivan (up to 6 people), Minibus (up to 15-17 people).
- Gombori pass – (closed from January to March). We start our journey on the most beautiful road, which offers a beautiful view of the Caucasus mountains and Alazani valley. We will stop near the fortress of Ujarma.
- New Shuamta – monastery was founded in XVI century by the Queen Tinatini. After construction of the temple she became a nun. She is buried in the garden of monastery. Inside fence of the church are: houses, sheds and other buildings. Shuamta Monastery is the shelter of nuns. Their request on the territory of monastery is silent and properly dressed people.
- Telavi City- tour of the city. Make a wish at Platanus, who is 800 years old, we will see the walls of the Palace of Irakli II. * Excursion to wine factory, tasting of the best wines.
- Tsinandali – wine cellars and the estate of Prince Chavchavadze. Beautiful garden, unique Antiques of the 19th century. It was here that the first winery (European technology) was built. Also here sounded the first Grand piano in Georgia, and that the estate of Alexander Griboyedov met his wife Nina Chavchavadze.
- Master Class and Wine Tasting
- Ikalto Monastery was founded by the Assyrian monk Zenon in VI century. According to the legend, Arseni Beri (XI-XII centuries) founded an academy. There are manuscripts those are ancient ages.In the territory of monastery is saved 3 church and different buildings, also the ruins of the academy and the refectory;
- Alaverdi Monastery– “Alaverdi” is Turkish-Arabic origin word that means “God-given” . The current Alaverdi Monastery was built in XI century in the first quarter and was formed as the important monastery center . The temple is one of the largest church in Georgia (41,7×26,4, a height of 50 meters).
- return to Tbilisi.
The price of the tour – for 1 person (dollars).
- In group: Economy-45 $ — all inclusive-65 $
- Individually: Economy-65 $ — all inclusive-85 $
“Economy” – tour package without food, entrance tickets.
“All inclusive” – this includes meals, tickets on the route, Master Class and Wine Tasting
The tour price is included:
- Guide service.
- Transfer on the route.
- A bottle of water without gas.
- Entrance fees (All inclusive package).
- Lunch (All inclusive package).
- Master Class and Wine Tasting (All inclusive package).
The tour price is NOT included:
- Personal expenses.
For more information, please contact: ☎ (+995) 551-05-16-1 6
or enter the site menu, then the section “Contact”