Excursion to Borjomi – Vardzia – The Rabat Fortress
Вардзиа /Vardzia/ვარძია/Вардзиа. монастырь-город Вардзиа
Excursion to Borjomi, Vardzia city, Rabat fortress is an excursion with a very rich program, which provides a visit to very important and large objects in the history of Georgia and its culture. During the trip you will visit the cave town of Vardzia, drink the legendary water “Borjomi” from the spring, walk the streets of the ancient fortress Rabat.
- Route of the tour: Tbilisi – Borjomi – Akhaltsikhe – Vardzia – Tbilisi
- Duration of the tour: 1 day
- Dates of the tour: Friday
- Tour cost:from 60 $
Tour program “Excursion to Borjomi. City Vardzia. The Rabat Fortress”
- Start: 8: 30.
- Duration: 11 — 12 hours.
- Meeting place: Europe Square (surrounding the area of Aerial Tramway)
- Length: 590 km.
- Transport: Auto (up to 3-4 people), Minivan (up to 6 people), Minibus (up to 15-17 people).
- The Rabat Fortress – The first mention dates back to the 16th century. The main part was built by the Turks. We will walk the streets of the fortress, climb the tower and the fortress wall, visit the ancient mosque.
- Vardzia – Let’s start our trip with a visit to the ancient cave complex Vardzia, which is a multi-level system of tunnels in the rock. It was founded in the 12th century ad under the reign of George III, the father of Queen Tamara. We will get through the caves, climb to the observation deck and go down through the secret exit down.
- Khertvisi Castle– is difficult but well-preserved building. It belongs of X-XIX centuries. The castle consists of two main parts: a citadel and a fence. It situates at the confluence of two rivers. Since 2007, the UNESCO world heritage protects the Khertvisi Castle.
- Borjomi – After a busy program, we are waiting for a walk in the Park. We will also drink warm and cold water “Borjomi”, learn the history of the Park. At the end we will ascend by cable car and sweaty bird flight to admire the mountain scenery.
- return to Tbilisi.
The price of the tour – for 1 person (dollars).
- In group: Economy – $ 60 / all inclusive – $ 85.
- Individually: Economy – $ 85 / all inclusive – $ 100.
,,Economy” – tour package without meals, entrance tickets to Vardzia, Rabat, Borjomi.
,, All-inclusive”– includes all meals and entrance fees along the route.
The tour price is included:
- Guide service.
- Transport on the route.
- A bottle of water without gas.
- Entrance fees (All inclusive package).
- Lunch (All inclusive package).
The tour price is NOT included:
- Personal expenses.
or enter the site menu, then the section “Contact”