Excursion to Kazbegi
Excursion to Kazbegi and the Georgian Military road – a one-day excursion along one of the most picturesque routes in Georgia. This is one of the most beautiful roads in the Caucasus. You are waited for by picturesque landscapes, the purest mountain air, and also the best memories of this trip.
- Route of the tour: Tbilisi – Ananuri – Pasanauri – Gudauri – Kazbegi – Tbilisi
- Duration of the tour: 1 day
- Dates of the tour: Monday
- Tour cost: from 45 $
Tour program “Excursion to Kazbegi. The Georgian military road”
- Start: 9:00
- Duration: 9 — 11 hours.
- Meeting place: Europe Square (surrounding the area of Aerial Tramway)
- Length: 380 km.
- Transport: Auto (up to 3-4 people), Minivan (up to 6 people), Minibus (up to 15-17 people).
- The Georgian military road – The Georgian military road is a permanent landscape. The road runs along the banks of the reservoir and almost any point of it offers beautiful views.
- Zhinvali reservoir – Zhinvali reservoir is located between mountains with dense vegetation. The color of the water in the reservoir is unusual in a saturated turquoise color. Here is Zhinvali HPP.
- Ananuri Fortress – Ananuri fortress is located above The Zhinvali reservoir, it is one of the few fortresses founded in the 16th century and preserved in good condition. We will climb the steep stone steps to the very top of one of the watch towers.
- Gudauri-panoramic platform “Friendship of peoples”- The arch of Friendship of peoples is located just below the Cross pass near Gudauri resort. Here is one of the best views of the Caucasus mountains. We’re gonna take a lot of cool pictures.
- Cross pass-mineral springs– Krestovy pass is located at an altitude of more than 2000 meters above sea level. The name “Cross” he received because of the cross installed on this pass in 1824. Pushkin, Griboyedov, Lermontov passed by this cross in due time. Here we will see mineral springs that make their way through the rocks and pour into the gorge, drink the purest spring water.
- Kazbegi (Stepantsminda) – ascent to the Church of Gergeti by jeep. On the slope of mount Kazbek, among snow-covered ridges, at an altitude of 2170 m. there is an ancient Georgian Church of Trinity – Gergeti. You can climb to the Church on foot, by jeep or by horse.
- return to Tbilisi.
The price of the tour – for 1 person (dollars).
- In group: Economy – $ 45 / all inclusive – $ 65.
- Individually: Economy – $ 65 / all inclusive – $ 85.
“Economy” – tour package without power, lifting to Gergeti.
“All inclusive” – includes all meals and entrance fees along the route. a trip by jeep to Gergeti.
The tour price is included:
- Guide service.
- Transport on the route.
- A bottle of water without gas.
- Maps and booklets of the region (on request).
- The ascent to the Church of Gergeti on the jeep (All inclusive package).
- Lunch (All inclusive package).
The tour price is NOT included:
- Personal expenses.
or enter the site menu, then the section “Contact”