Excursion to Uplistsikhe , Gori and Mtskheta
Excursion to Mtskheta, Gori and Uplistsikhe is short, but very intense program, during which You will visit the spiritual capital of Georgia and the ancient cave city. We will be transported back to ancient times, plunge into the cradle of ancient architecture, feel the Grace of spiritual life.
- Route of the tour: Tbilisi – Gori – Mtskheta – Tbilisi
- Duration of the tour: 1 day
- Dates of the tour: Wednesday
- Tour cost: from 40 $
Tour program “Excursion to Mtskheta and Uplistsikhe”
- Beginning: 10: 00.
- Duration: 8-10 hours.
- Meeting place: Europe Square (surrounding the area of Aerial Tramway)
- Length: 300 km.
- Transport: Auto (up to 3-4 people), Minivan (up to 6 people), Minibus (up to 15-17 people).
- Uplistsikhe – Cave town Uplistsikhe was built at the end of II century BC and is a system of caves and tunnels. There are also several halls that were used in the tsarist era for ritual ceremonies. We will see many interesting artifacts, visit the place where was crowned Queen Tamar, you can admire the breathtaking views and find out why Georgian wine is considered to be the oldest in the world. At the end we go down to the river through the secret exit.
- Gori – is located in the region of Shida Kartli and is considered the small homeland of Stalin, who, like him, has experienced many changes. In 1920, Gori was destroyed by a strong earthquake and that is why it lost the features of the ancient era, leaving behind the outlines of Stalin’s time, as expressed in homes, parks and public institutions. In addition to the Central part of the city we will have the opportunity to visit the Stalin Museum (pity tickets are not included) or just see the house where the life of the leader of the great country. And if we time permits, we can visit the ruins of the fortress Goristsikhe, offering beautiful views of the city.
- Mtskheta – city was founded in the 5th century BC and is not only the cradle of ancient architecture, but also the source of the spiritual roots of our country. We are waiting for a fascinating walk in small cobbled streets, which sell hops-suneli (seasonings), churchkhela, dried figs and more. And the aroma of freshly brewed coffee on the sand will perfectly complement our route. Then we find ourselves in one of the oldest temples of Svetitskhoveli, where is one of the most important relics of the spiritual world – the Chiton of Jesus Christ. It is here that was taken hristiansvo and the beginning of a new era. Ancient frescos hide many mysterious symbols and signs, about which we will know. After that, we will climb up, offering a beautiful view of the city and the confluence of the Kura and Aragvi rivers. It is seen Lermontov, when he wrote his poem Mtsyri. Under the noise of the wind we will go to the temple Jvari and touch his silent but warm walls. You will return to Tbilisi to continue to experience Georgia and enjoy every minute of your stay in this country..
The price of the tour – for 1 person (dollars).
- In group: Economy-35 $ / all inclusive — 45 $.
- Individually: Economy -55 $ / all inclusive — 65 $.
“Economy” – tour package without food, entrance tickets to Uplistsikhe.
,,All-inclusive” – includes all meals and entrance fees along the route.
The tour price is included:
- Guide service.
- Transport on the route.
- A bottle of water without gas.
- Entrance fees (All inclusive package).
- Lunch (All inclusive package).
The tour price is NOT included:
or enter the site menu, then the section “Contact”