Excursion to Kutaisi , Martvili and Okatse Canyons
- Route of the tour: Tbilisi – Kutaisi – Martvili – Tbilisi
- Duration of the tour: 2 days / 1 nights
- Dates of the tour: Saturday
- Tour cost: from 120 $
Tour program ,, Excursion to Kutaisi , Martvili and Okatse Canyons ”
- Start: 8: 30.
- Duration: 2 days / 1 nights
- Meeting place: Europe Square (surrounding the area of Aerial Tramway)
- Length: 650 km.
- Transport: Auto (up to 3-4 people), Minivan (up to 6 people), Minibus (up to 15-17 people).
- Sataplia is a rather small cave located in Tskaltubo, Georgia. It is famous for fine speleothems and the dinosaur footprints nearby. The tour enters the through-cave on one hillside, crosses the hill underground and then goes back on the surface past the dinosaur footprints. The cave is named after Mt. Sataplia (494m), an extinct volcano, which is now the Nature Preserve. The preserve was intended to protect the five karst caves of the area and the dinosaur footprints. At the moment there are 200 footprints known, found in two different layers of the Cretaceous limestone. The 30cm long footprints of the lower layer belong to an unknown predator, the 48cm long footprints of the upper layer to an ornitopod herbivor
- Gelati Monastery – This perfectly restored outstanding monument of Georgian architecture was the centre of spiritual and scientific life of the Middle Ages, the tomb of Georgian rulers, the cult place for pilgrims. It is located 1 km from the city of Kutaisi and is under UNESCO protection as an object of cultural and historical legacy. In fact Gelati is a rich historical architectural complex comprising the ancient monastery, the bell tower, the church and the academy set up in 1106 by the great ruler of Georgia David the Builder.
- Motsameta Monastery – It is located 6km out of Kutaisi, off the Gelati road. Take the turning marked by a photo of the church and follow this track for a couple of kilometres. This little monastery has a spectacular setting on a cliff-top promontory above a bend of the Tskhaltsitela River. Situated dizzily high above the ravine of the Tskhaltsitela River, the monastery offers awe-inspiring views of the river and the surrounding countryside from any number of buildings and points on the grounds. Extremely isolated and seldom visited by tourists.
- Bagrati Cathedral– was built in X-XI centuries, in a reign of Bagrati III. Historically it is a symbol of united Georgia. After 1994 Bagrati Cathedral is in the list of UNESCO World Cultural Heritage.
- Okatse Canyon –The walkable route of the canyon is 1,5 km, its height ranges from 20 till 100 meters, while the width reaches up to 20m. Narrow and deep gorge gives a marvelous experience to visitors and can be described as a thrilling amazing place.
- Dadiani Summer Residence– Dadianis summer residence was built of the chief of Samegrelo, named Levan Dadiani .There are a lot of European architectural details. The palace hosted many European grandees.
- Martvili Canyons – A narrow gorge was emerged in the period of Mesozoic era. On this place, a limestone cave was collapsed and thus created canyon, several bridges and waterfalls. Touristic route starts from visitor centers and goes to the Dadiani historical trail of 700 m long through 2 bridges & 3 platforms. Visitors can undertake 300 meter boat tour on the river into the canyon.
- Martvili Monastery – it is named of St Maria, which was built in VII centuries and is the remarkable example of Georgian architecture. There are also Frescoes dated of XIV, XVI and XVII centuries in the temple.
- return to Tbilisi.
The price of the tour – for 1 person (dollars).
- In group: Economy – $ 120 / all inclusive – $ 160 .
- Individually: Economy – $ 150 / all inclusive – $ 200.
“Economy” – tour package with breakfast, but without additional food (lunches or dinners), All excursions to the program and entrance fees. Accommodation (guest houses or hotels).
“All inclusive” – this includes all meals and entrance tickets along the route.
The tour price is included:
- Guide service.
- Transport on the route.
- A bottle of water without gas.
- Entrance fees (All inclusive package).
- 2 meals a day (package “All inclusive”).
- Accommodation (guest houses or hotels).
The tour price is nott included:
- Personal expenses.
For more information, please contact: ☎ (+995) 551-05-16-1 6
or enter the site menu, then the section “Contact”